[mythtv-users] Shield fronrend and video playback times

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:06:03 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:40 AM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:07 AM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 20:14:26 -0600, you wrote:
>>
>> >Please bootom post on this mailing list.

>> in
>> the end

>> symptom.  I
>> and
>> the end

>> not as

>> know

>> immediately.
>> >
>> >It is marked as commfree.  This looks to be a classic case of
>> >mis-counting frames, eiter building the seek table or playing back,
>> >that crops up every once in a while.
>

> This channel is marked as commfree here as well (since it never has
> commercials).
>

>> >David
>>
>> In the past when I have had a file like this, running "mythcommflag
>> --rebuild" on a recording has usually fixed it.  That trick may only
>> work for older similar problems, but it is worth trying.  I have a
>> user job set up with this command that makes it easy to do that for a
>> recording file:
>

> It only happens on my Shield.
>

>> mythcommflag --rebuild -f %FILE%

It just happened on ABC (WFAA here in D/FW).  The Good Doctor (even though
the track shows "The Bachelor" inside it).

ID                                       : 2801 (0xAF1)
Complete name                            : 7081_20190129030000.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 4.16 GiB
Duration                                 : 59 min 58 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 9 923 kb/s
Movie name                               : THE BACHELOR
Law rating                               : TV-14 (D)

Video
ID                                       : 49 (0x31)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main at High
Format settings                          : CustomMatrix / BVOP
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
Format settings, picture structure       : Frame
Codec ID                                 : 2
Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 8 851 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 17.6 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Active Format Description                : Full frame 16:9 image
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.142
Time code of first frame                 : 07:49:05;28
Time code source                         : Group of pictures header
GOP, Open/Closed                         : Open
Stream size                              : 3.71 GiB (89%)

Audio #1
ID                                       : 52 (0x34)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : 129
Duration                                 : 59 min 58 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -940 ms
Stream size                              : 165 MiB (4%)
Language                                 : English
Service kind                             : Complete Main

Audio #2
ID                                       : 53 (0x35)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : 129
Duration                                 : 59 min 58 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 192 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -940 ms
Stream size                              : 82.4 MiB (2%)
Language                                 : Spanish
Service kind                             : Complete Main

Text #1
ID                                       : 49 (0x31)-CC1
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-608
Muxing mode                              : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)
CaptionServiceName                       : CC1

Text #2
ID                                       : 49 (0x31)-CC3
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-608
Muxing mode                              : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)
CaptionServiceName                       : CC3

Text #3
ID                                       : 49 (0x31)-1
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-708
Muxing mode                              : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)
Language                                 : English

Text #4
ID                                       : 49 (0x31)-3
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-708
Muxing mode                              : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)

Text #5
ID                                       : 49 (0x31)-5
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : EIA-708
Muxing mode                              : A/53 / DTVCC Transport
Muxing mode, more info                   : Muxed in Video #1
Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte (0%)

-Greg