[mythtv-users] mythtv light V30

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:53:35 UTC 2019

On 1/28/19 1:13 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 1/28/19 11:42 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I just installed mythtv-light on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and when I
>> launched it I was missing a shared library-
>>

>>   liblzo2-2
>>
>> Once installed mythfrontend worked.
>
> Hi,
>
> The comment in
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_30#Prerequisite_Changes
> is intentionally generic. liblzo is just one of the libraries that are
> no longer in
> the MythTV source. So system libraries are to be used. Distributions
> may have
> different names or them.

Thanks, this may be a dumb question, but in the past when I've done a
sudo apt install mythtv it would install all prerequisites. I know other
app give a list that must be installed prior to installation of the app.

As we move forward, will mythtv have a list or with apt install mythtv
pull them in.  I know v30 is a special case at this point.

Jim A