[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 00:21:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have a very old setup that I've been running mythtv on for years.

Centos 6.10 running kernel 2.6.32-754.9.1
mythtv-0.27.4-9.el6.x86_64 originally installed from screpo

I haven't touched the setup in a very long time and its been working
great.  But I recently moved from Houston to Denver so I made some changes
to my channel setup.  That went fine and for a while everything was
working fine - all my previous recordings were there and new shows started
recording too. The program guide now shows the Denver channels and I can
run "mythbackend --printsched" and it shows the upcoming recordings.  But
at some point all previous recordings disappeared.  I can hit "M" in the
"Watch Recordings" menu on the front end (running on the same machine) and
it shows 200+ recordings in the "All recordings" group, but none
actually show up.  I've run optimize_mythdb.pl but that doesn't seem to
help.  I've also looked though the logs and there is nothing obviously
wrong there either.  I would like to try to upgrade MythTV to the latest to
see if that helps but I didn't have much luck getting it compiled, which is
why I used screpo in the first place.  But for a long time I've run into
dependency problems with the repos when I try to upgrade myth so I've been
stuck on 0.27 for a long time.  Any other suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Darby