[mythtv-users] mythtv v30 mythtv-database backup

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:34:49 UTC 2019

When I upgraded from v29.1 to v30 I got a question during the upgrade
that asked about the cron.weekly job mythtv-database. It asked about
keeping the current one or installing the packager maintained one. For
some reason I decided replace mine with the packager's maintained one. I
wasn't concerned since I've been using a different daily script to
check, optimize and backup mythconverg.

So Sunday morning early I see and error:

/etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database:
/etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database: 17: /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database: USER: parameter not set
run-parts: /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database exited with return code 2

I'm not sure if this is problem for others. I see this error because all
cron and anacron errors and messages are emailed to me.

While my daily cronjob is protecting me, I wonder about those that
depend on the default weekly?

Jim A