[mythtv-users] upgrading from v29.1 to v30

Tim Pletcher pletchtd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:25:51 UTC 2019

James, thank you for sharing and detailing the option of using External
recorder for SiliconDust devices. I wasn't aware of that as an alternative
which offered tuner pooling and locking within the confines of MythTV.  In
my current setup, I have to be careful as I occasionally use a HDHR tuner
via the silicondust utilities along with ffmpeg to grab a stream and
transcode for viewing live tv remotely.

For now, I would prefer to stick with the native MythTV HDHomeRun
implementation so I just rolled everything back to 0.29.

I'll watch for native support to roll into the PPA version.

Tim