[mythtv-users] RAID 1 mirror with mythtv backend???

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:34:34 UTC 2019

Thanks Mike for your input and tips on newer drives and "relatime".

On 2019-01-23 11:24 a.m., Mike Hodson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019, 10:57 James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com wrote:
>

>> On 1/23/19 11:45 AM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>>
>> When I had both the OS/MythTV/datbase and the recordings on the same
>>> drive I experienced more frequent failures.
>>>

> Curtis,
> this is very likely to the raid timeout issue that was mentioned previously
> in this thread. normally I find when an array and the timeout match and the
> colonel understands what's going on, then things seem to work a lot better.

In this situation I mentioned above (both OS/MythTV/database and
recording on the same drive), this was the only drive in the computer
and there was no RAID involved.

I think the single drive experienced excessive wear and tear when
recording 4 TV shows, commercial flagging 4 TV shows, and watching an
existing TV show all concurrently.  Surprisingly these single drive set
ups would make it a year or two before failing.

Curtis