[mythtv-users] First time NVidia Shield + Remote Setup

A D ashu.desai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:04:04 UTC 2019

Hello all
I wanted to start a fresh chain so as to not mix up my initial email for
help.

I just bought NVidia Shield 4K gaming edition. Reading here from past
emails, I know a lot of people said there were certain gotchas, especially
setting up the remote the "right" way.

Can someone please give me the 'best' practices on setting up the nVidia as
a Frontend?

Not sure if this matters, but I do not have TV recording on my backend. I
am only doing this for Music/Photos/Videos (on my storage - NOT recordings)

Reason I mention this is there were some emails about commercial skip and
that doesn't affect me and didn't want someone to waste their time for me
on it.

Appreciate all the help you guys give, as always.

Thank you!

Ash