[mythtv-users] Recording failure.

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 21:37:54 UTC 2019

> On Jan 17, 2019, at 4:09 PM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Now twice I have had a recording failure where every recording after that time fails.  The first time I thought the HDHR Power Supply might be bad so I replaced it. This time I had failures on HDHR1 and HDHR3 so I think that rules out a single point of failure involving the HDHR.  The other symptom was that the IR remote did not work.
>
> One thing in common is that both of these are initialized in rc.local.
>
> echo -n 15  > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
> hdhomerun_config 10137DC1 set /ir/target "192.168.1.111:5000 <http://192.168.1.111:5000/> no_clear"
> #this is a hack.  I don't know what is starting lircd
> killall lircd
> lircd -H udp -d 5000
> exit 0
>
> I know rc.local is out of favor but I am old school and it worked 10 years ago so I just used it again when I upgraded my system this year.

Are you using IR to set the channel on the HDHR?  Also, is this an HDHR first gen?  I know that Gen 3 (and maybe gen2) through current gen do not use IR at all.

Can you just let mythtv use the normal method of setting channel using the set channel cmd with HDHR?  I’m not familiar with how old HDHR works regarding changing channels.

Regards,