[mythtv-users] small portable DVR

Jay Harbeston (ISeePeople) jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:33:46 UTC 2019

>> Ideally you would be traveling in the RV, and channels would be changing.   I would suggest using the EIT from the broadcast. No Internet network connection is needed.
>>
>> All you would have to do is purge previous channels and do a new channel scan when moving from city to city.
>>
>> EIT works for both mythtv as well as for tvheadend. Usually there is 12 hours worth of schedule data broadcast on the channels.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> EIT makes sense.  What do you do about mythfilldatabase in that case?  your channels will change from city to city.

Mythfilldatabase is not used when using EIT from my understanding. EIT just happens.

As mentioned above, All you would have to do is purge previous channels and do a new channel scan when moving from city to city. Your current scheduled recordings will change as they match up with EIT from the new location. The scheduler will notice that things are different.