[mythtv-users] MythTV Image Gallery questions

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Jan 17 04:27:39 UTC 2019

[0.28 FE/BE on Fedora 24]

I'm interested in using MythTV Image Gallery to run a slideshow of my
collected images.

My images would come from several pools distributed across a number of
directories, so I thought I'd just create 1 new directory, maybe in ~mythtv,
and fill it with softlinks from the all the image directories, which I can do
with a script.

I can't see from the Wiki or anywhere else that the Gallery will follow
softlinks. Does it?

Also, is there any (new) way to start the Gallery with a slideshow? I used to
do it in the 0.21 days using the old Telnet interface, which is still an
option, but maybe there's a new better way I'm missing. I don't see any
Gallery stuff in the 0.28 API.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca