[mythtv-users] nVidia Shield (arm port maybe or just remote frontends in general) and expiring recordings

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:55:01 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 9:49 AM George Poulson <george.poulson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 16:04, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hmmmm..  Restarting the backend fixed it - it is cleaning up a TB of
>> space now..  Weird..  I have not had this happen before.  Oh well.
>> Vacation gremlins I suppose...?
>>

> The mythtv "find_orphans.py" script does a great job of identifying and
> [optionally] deleting 'orphaned' recording files and snapshots.
> You should find that a quick google will find it :-)

I used it first :)

It had no orphans - just the non-truly-deleted recordings from the database
are still there.  Back in 0.27 (I believe - maybe 0.25 or 6) they made the
decision to get rid of that option.  The settings are still honored, but
not accessible from the config screens any longer, so I was more just
looking for the raw data,values to put into the settings table manually :)