[mythtv-users] nVidia Shield (arm port maybe or just remote frontends in general) and expiring recordings

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:41:31 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 9:09 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 1/13/19 11:02 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 7:46 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 1/13/19 8:59 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> I have replaced my final frontend (well, it used to be a backend/frontend
>> combo) with another Shield.  It is the only Shield running mythfrontend -
>> the rest run Kodi with the PVR plugin.
>>
>> I was on vacation last week and got home to a very close to full disk.
>> This morning I examined some stuff and deleted a lot of stuff, but it is
>> actually not deleting anything when it says it is ::
>>
>> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>> MythTV Version : v29.1-v29.1-36-gdde16d475a
>> MythTV Branch : fixes/29
>> Network Protocol : 91
>> Library API : 29.20180316-1
>> QT Version : 5.9.6
>>
>> 2019-01-13 07:25:52.078053 I [7936/7947] Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2357
>> (HandleReschedule) - Reschedule requested for CHECK 0 1784 0
>> DoHandleDelete1 | The X-Files | This | An old friend reaches out to Mulder
>> and Scully in a seemingly impossible way, revealing a chilling secret. |
>> EP000809550227
>>
>> 2019-01-13 07:25:52.085202 N [7936/2713] ProcessRequest
>> recordinginfo.cpp:643 (ApplyRecordRecGroupChange) -
>> ApplyRecordRecGroupChange: Default to Deleted (3)
>>
>> 2019-01-13 07:38:29.961874 N [7936/7948] Expire autoexpire.cpp:637
>> (SendDeleteMessages) - Expiring 6087 MB for 7041 at 2018-01-11T01:00:00Z =>
>> "The X-Files":This
>>
>> echo "select * from recorded where title like 'The X-Files%' and subtitle
>> = 'This';"|mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
>> Enter password:
>> chanid    starttime    endtime    title    subtitle    description
>> season    episode    category    hostname    bookmark    editing
>> cutlist    autoexpire    commflagged    recgroup    recordid    seriesid
>> programid    inetref    lastmodified    filesize    stars
>> previouslyshown    originalairdate    preserve    findid
>> deletepending    transcoder    timestretch    recpriority    basename
>> progstart    progend    playgroup    profile    duplicate    transcoded
>> watched    storagegroup    bookmarkupdate    recgroupid    recordedid
>> inputname
>> 7041    2018-01-11 01:00:00    2018-01-11 02:00:00    The X-Files
>> This    An old friend reaches out to Mulder and Scully in a seemingly
>> impossible way, revealing a chilling secret.    11    2    Drama
>> backend-0    0    0    0    9999    1    Deleted    1784    EP00080955
>> EP000809550227    ttvdb.py_77398    2019-01-13 07:38:29    6383132040
>> 0    0    2018-01-10    0    0    1    0    1    0
>> 7041_20180111010000.ts    2018-01-11 01:00:00    2018-01-11 02:00:00
>> Default    Default    0    00    Default    0000-00-00 00:00:00    3
>> 3992    HDHR0-1
>>
>> I have deleted over 500 recordings from this Shield and modified the
>> property from 1GB free to 100GB free in settings, yet the system remains at
> [...]

Yeah - back in the day, I would be worried, but for $.99, I can usually get
anything I would ever record played on Amazon or Google ro Hule, etc...

I just hate it when my virtual machines ned to snapshot and balloon out and
mythtv does this.

I misspoke earlier - restarting the backend only deleted up to the 100GB
change I made.  I still have a table full of stuff waiting to delete until
mythtv thinks it is acceptable.  I think I will just thrown a could HDDs
internal and raid them and let mythtv have those.  There have been several
times I needed space and mythtv would not relinquish it (a couple
conversations with MTD in the past) and since my lab keeps growing, I will
just segregate MythTV since it seems they are dropping those settings
alltogether.  No biggie - thanks for the feedback..