[mythtv-users] Trying Nvshield android package, unsuccessfully. Pointers needed.

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 00:01:15 UTC 2019

On 1/10/19 6:37 PM, Kris J wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:18 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com
> <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 1/10/19 4:49 PM, Kris J wrote:
>>

>>     On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:51 PM Kris J
>>     <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com <mailto:kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>         On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:52 AM Kris J
>>         <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
>>         <mailto:kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>             On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:48 AM Peter Bennett
>>             <pb.mythtv at gmail.com <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>                 On 1/10/19 10:41 AM, Kris J wrote:
>>>

>>>                 On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:32 AM Peter Bennett
>>>                 <pb.mythtv at gmail.com <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>>
>>>                 wrote:

>>>                     The log looks normal. Which backend version are
>>>                     you using? Perhaps there is a problem with that.
>>>                     The android frontend will work with backend
>>>                     version 29 or later. Older versions will likely
>>>                     cause problems.
>>>
>>>                     _______________________________________________
>>>
>>>                 Backend package = mythtv-backend-master
>>>                 29.1+fixes.20181228.af5d819~ubuntu16.04.1
>>>
>>>                 And
>>>
>>>                 "m-user at MythServer:~/build$ mythbackend -v
>>>                 2019-01-10 10:35:20.003539 C  mythbackend version:
>>>                 [v29.1] www.mythtv.org <http://www.mythtv.org>
>>>                 2019-01-10 10:35:20.003567 C  Qt version: compile:
>>>                 5.5.1, runtime: 5.5.1"
>>>

>>                 I have no idea what the problem is. You could try
>>                 uninstalling and reinstalling, also try looking at a
>>                 full log. That gives messages from all applications
>>                 and android itself, there you can see things like
>>                 missing libraries:
>>
>>                 adb logcat |& tee tmp/android.log
>>
>>                 Peter
>>

>>             Ok thank for the logging tips.
>>
>>             I'll see if I can find anything meaningful to work off of.
>>
>>             Many Thanks again.
>>

>>     So I noticed the backend log has some errors when the android
>>     frontend has the loading screen. :
>>
>>     Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: I
>>     MythSocketThread(84) mainserver.cpp:7674 (connectionClosed)
>>     Playback sock(1b0a970) 'android-3a0785970c9ae7ba' disconnected
>>     Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: I
>>     MythSocketThread(86) mainserver.cpp:7674 (connectionClosed)
>>     Monitor sock(1a69530) 'android-3a0785970c9ae7ba' disconnected
>>     Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: E
>>     CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:873 (prepare) Error preparing query:
>>     SELECT data FROM settings WHERE value = :KEY AND hostname = :HOSTNAME
>>     Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: E
>>     CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:875 (prepare) Driver error was
>>     [2/2013]:#012QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement#012Database
>>     error was:#012Lost connection to MySQL server during query
>>     Jan 10 16:10:07 MythServer mythbackend: mythbackend[1690]: I
>>     CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:263 (Reconnect) MySQL reconnected
>>     successfully
>>
>>     I don't have problems connecting with my other frontends and
>>     kodi's frontend connect fine on the same shield.

> [...]
I don't think that will make a difference, 5.7 is the version shipping
with ubuntu now. The only one important is mysql-server and you have 5.7
so that should be OK. The latest mysql is version 8. I am using mariadb
which is at version 10. It seems ubuntu ships newer versions of mariadb
than of mysql.

Perhaps you have some network problem. Using ethernet try plugging it
differently, into a different router if possible. Also try different cables.