[mythtv-users] FLIRC with different remotes

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Jan 8 15:13:54 UTC 2019

>>> I'm also interseted in switching to Flirc, but since it appears as a
>>> keyboard to the computer, I'm afraid that if I map everything correctly
>>> for MythTV, it will be wrong when I launch Xine for DVD iso playback.

It would appear that the FLIRC's command line utility can load in custom configs.  You could load a different one into the FLIRC before launching XINE

flirc_util version 3.20.4 [3.20.4]
Commands:
  delete         Delete next remote button flirc sees from saved database
  delete_index   Delete button at index displayed in `flirc_util settings`
  device_log     Displays the log on the device
  dfu            Kick in or out of Device Firmware Upgrade mode
  dump           Dumps contents of eeprom to console
  format         Remove all saved buttons from flirc
  help           Show this help. Also try `help <command>`
  interkey_delay set the interkey delay
  keys           Shows the recorded remote keys and their pairings
  loadconfig     Load configuration file from disk to flirc
  noise_canceler Noise canceler to prevent phantom presses
  normal         Put flirc in normal user mode
  normalize_cfg  Normalize configuration on device
  peek           Peek EEPROM address
  profiles       enable or disable built in profiles
  reboot         Displays all the devices current settings
  record         Record infrared buttons and link them to HID keys
  record_api     Advanced button recording
  record_lp      Record a long pres key
  record_macro   Record a macro key
  rom_table      enable or disable a give rom table
  saveconfig     Save configuration file to disk
  send_ir_raw    Send a packet over the IR transmitter
  seq_modifiers  enable or disable sequencing the modifiers
  settings       Displays all the devices current settings
  sku            Print the sku of the device
  sleep_detect   Turns on sleep/suspend detection
  space          Displays information about the space used and remaining
  status         Last Flirc Status
  unit_test      test flirc
  upgrade        Uploads new firmware image to flirc hardware
  version        Print the application version and device version if connected
  wait           Waits for the device to be plugged in (used for scripting)

Doug