[mythtv-users] Tuning problems

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 15:07:57 UTC 2019

On 02/01/2019 09:12, Nigel Jewell wrote:
> On 02/01/2019 08:55, Nigel Jewell wrote:
>

>> I've attached the scandvb and dvbv5-scan "initial files" that I use.
>> They might be a good reference of "good" data for you to plug into
>> MythTV and configure it prior to performing the channel scan.  I am
>> pretty sure they are accurate as my script tends to spot problems
>> with multiplexes, etc. although it's not failsafe as some of the
>> output from dvbv5-scan can be missing key info such as channel
>> numbers and scandvb does not handle DVBT2.
>>

> Sorry, corrected v3 file attached.
>
> Two incorrect DVBT2 frequencies due to me using the v5 file for DVBT2.
>
> Spotted when cross referencing with Steve Evan's data (thanks Steve!).
>
> Nige.

Perfect! Thanks for this Nige. Very useful!!

I just re-did a full scan, with just my 292e stick installed.

It found the following frequencies:
698000000
738000000
770000000
690000000
722000000

It didn't find these:
570000000
714000000
594000000
586000000
but I'll not worry too much about those for now.

The system now seems to be working. Although I can no longer watch one
channel while recording another Maybe the 292e stick can only do that?

If it keeps working, great.

If not, maybe I have a different problem. Maybe my sticks 'go to sleep'
or something after a certain amount of time?

Thanks again Nige.

Regards,
Damian