[mythtv-users] Tuning problems

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 15:07:09 UTC 2019

On 02/01/2019 08:56, Steve Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 23:53:48 +0000
> John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> The data on the ukfree site for Mendip seems to be a mix of largely
>> obsolete info, and much of the frequency/mux data on the web now
>> looks outdated.  There are user contributions saying that some of the
>> planned changes at Mendip have not happened.  Inter-mux links may
>> still work...
>>
>> The frequencies that you have been seeing seem to be in the 'old'
>> Mendip list.
>>
>> John
>>
> The frequencies I use successfully on the Mendip transmitter are:
>
> [PSB3]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2
>   FREQUENCY = 770000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [PSB1]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>   FREQUENCY = 698000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [PSB2]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>   FREQUENCY = 738000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [COM4]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>   FREQUENCY = 690000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [COM5]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>   FREQUENCY = 570000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [COM6]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>   FREQUENCY = 722000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [LBS]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT
>   FREQUENCY = 714000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [com7]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2
>   FREQUENCY = 594000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>
> [com8]
>   DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT2
>   FREQUENCY = 586000000
>   BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
>

> Steve

Perfect! Thanks for this Steve.

I just re-did a full scan, with just my 292e stick installed.

It found the following frequencies:
698000000
738000000
770000000
690000000
722000000

It didn't find these:
570000000
714000000
594000000
586000000
but I'll not worry too much about those for now.

The system now seems to be working. Although I can no longer watch one
channel while recording another Maybe the 292e stick can only do that?

If it keeps working, great.

If not, maybe I have a different problem. Maybe my sticks 'go to sleep'
or something after a certain amount of time?

Thanks again Steve.

Regards,
Damian