[mythtv-users] icon wierdness

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Jan 5 02:58:34 UTC 2019

Hi All

icon download failed miserably for me!. 50% were not found the rest did not appear.
I manaully found icons, which I put in mythtvuser/.mythtv/channels and edited the DB to reflect that:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select channum, name,icon from channel;
+---------+-----------------+-------------------+
| channum | name            | icon              |
+---------+-----------------+-------------------+
| 7       | 7 Perth         | seven.png         |
| 72      | 7TWO Perth      | 7two.png          |
| 73      | 7mate Perth     | 7mate.png         |
| 70      | 7HD Perth       | 7HD.png           |
| 76      | 7flix Perth     | 7flix.png         |
| 74      | 7food network   | 7food.png         |
| 78      | RACING.COM      | racing.png        |
| 9       | Channel 9 Perth | 9.png             |
| 90      | 9HD Perth       | 9HD.png           |
| 99      | 9Go!            | 9go.png           |
| 94      | 9Life           | 9life.png         |
| 95      | Your Money      | yourmoney.png     |
| 91      | Channel 9 Perth | 9.png             |
| 92      | 9Gem            | 9gem.png          |
| 93      | 9Go!            | 9go.png           |
| 13      | 10 HD           | 10HD.png          |
| 10      | 10              | 10.png            |
| 14      | TVSN            | TVSN.png          |
| 12      | 10 BOLD         | 10bold.png        |
| 11      | 10 Peach        | 10peach.png       |
| 15      | SpreeTV         | spree.png         |
| 44      | West TV         | wtv.png           |
| 2       | ABC NEWS        | abcnews.png       |
| 3       | ABC             | abc.png           |
| 4       | ABCComedy/Kids  | ABC2.png          |
| 6       | ABC ME          | abcme.png         |
| 8       | ABC HD          | abchd.png         |
| 16      | SBS ONE         | sbs.png           |
| 18      | SBS Food        | sbsfood.png       |
| 34      | NITV            | sbsnitv.png       |
| 20      | SBS ONE HD      | sbshd.png         |
| 21      | SBS VICELAND HD | sbsvicelandhd.png |
| 23      | SBS VICELAND    | sbsviceland.png   |
+---------+-----------------+—————————+

All good except a couple of icons were BLACK on TRANSPARENT. The web page (:6544) and setup-mythtv showed BACK on BLACK.
A quick gimp made them WHITE on TRANSPARENT in addition (and this is relevant) I had copied sbsviceland.png to sbsvicelanhd.png.
I added “HD” to the sbsvicelanhd.pnd image.

I restarted mythbackend (that is a funny that needs to be done) and cleared the browser cache.

mythtv-setuo->channel editor uses the correct images showing white-on-black and showing the new “HD” image.
:6544 uses the old images, black-on-nearlyblack and without the “HD” qualification.

In addtion my channels directory becomes polluted with extra (presumably downloaded) images:

[sandypit] /home/jam/.mythtv/channels [455]% ls
10bold.png   7food.png  9go.png    9.png.0x57.png      abcnews.png  sbsnitv.png        spree.png
10HD.png     7HD.png    9HD.png    ABC2.png            abc.png      sbs.png            TVSN.png
10peach.png  7mate.png  9life.png  abchd.png           racing.png   sbsvicelandhd.png  wtv.png
10.png       7two.png   9now.png   abcme.png           sbsfood.png  sbsviceland.png    yourmoney.png
7flix.png    9gem.png   9.png      abcme.png.0x57.png  sbshd.png    seven.png

These extra images (ie the ones with 0x57 in the title, the list grows with time)

So questions are:
1) How to make the built-in server use the correct icons
2) Where do the old icons come from (remember mythbackend has been restarted)
3) How/What/Where on the strange downloaded icons, in particular how to stop the download happening

Thanks
James