[mythtv-users] Poor H.264 1080p playback

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:14:46 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 10:07 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/4/19 10:47 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
> H.264 recordings from Comcast seem to play back fine. It's only archived
> Blurays (which is why I assumed maybe it was a bitrate issue).
>
> Thanks
> Richard
>
> You did not mention what version of MythTV you are running. With V30
> (master) you can try the new AVSYNC2 in the playback advanced settings.
> Also run with -v playback and see if it is dropping frames or waiting for
> video buffers. Those messages will tell where the problem is. Waiting for
> video buffers means a decoding problem, dropping frames means a rendering
> problem.

Latest package from RPM Fusion (I'm one of the maintainers)

# mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v29.1-v29.1-39-g74fff5c285
MythTV Branch : fixes/29
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 29.20180316-1
QT Version : 5.11.1
Options compiled in:
 linux debug use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bdjava using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton
using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_debugtype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
using_bdjava using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_fontconfig using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame