[mythtv-users] 0.29 frontend cannot connect to 0.27 backend

R. Ramesh rramesh at verizon.net
Thu Jan 3 22:38:24 UTC 2019

Hi,

   I have a working mythbuntu 14.04 front+backend  (mythtv 0.27) and
several frontend only clients all with 0.27 version. I decided it is
time to upgrade. Since I did not want loose working system as I upgrade,
I started with one specific remote frontend.
Since there is no more mythbuntu, I installed 18.04 xubuntu and frontend
that came with it. Apparently that is 0.29 version of mythtv. I copied
over config.xml from 14.04 installation on the same machine that worked
before. However, now frontend does not connect to backend.

  Do I have to have same mythtv version in both back and frontend to
connect? If not what could be wrong. My google searches never talks
about version mismatches. So, I am bit confused as to what could be
wrong. How do I debug this?

Thanks for your help.
Ramesh