[mythtv-users] HD Hiomerun works better in HDHomeRun viewer than MythTV

Ben bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Jan 3 04:44:06 UTC 2019

On 1/2/19 4:48 PM, James Abernathy wrote:

> There are a lot of us HDHR users that are having pixelation problems with specify station that we have good signal on. SiliconDust has identified an issue with the new Quatro/Duo devices that has problems with some station signal and their demodulators. In that case atteuation the signal didn't have as it's not an overloading issue. They sent me test firmware and it collected more data for them and they are looking at some firmware changes.  I have only 1 station with 3 channels with this problem. If it works on a HDHR Connect but not on a Quatro/Duo then you have the same problem.  Get on the SiliconDust forum and mention it. there is a thread. I also submitted a report to SD directly. The issue is around the country at certain stations.  It's not all VHF or UHF. It's not being too close to the antenna though.

Well then -- this has been an interesting thread.

  I have 1 station nearby (but like 20+miles) that seems to suffer issues when recording, but not when viewing live.

Myth shows it in the list as a broken recording.

Will have to get over to SD's forums and put in a shout-out that I might be having the same problem.

Thanks,

  -Ben