[mythtv-users] Tuning problems

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 19:35:52 UTC 2019

On 28/12/2018 16:57, George Poulson wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2018, at 16:27, Damian wrote:
>>
>> Auto turn always results in finding channels, but they are temperamental
>> and unreliable.
>>

> Hi Damian,
> Are you using a known good antenna?
> I'm also in the UK but I use satellite and so have never experienced
> MythTV's terrestrial tuning, but I do know that tuning satellite signals
> can be what you might call quirky and does need you to input a 'known
> good' set of tuning parameters for it to tune successfully.
> Good luck!
> George

Hi George,

I don't own a TV, but my wife got one from a house clearance recently,
so I tried things out with that today.

On the first auto tune, it found most channels.

For the second auto tuned I plugged it into the stronger output of my
signal booster and it seemed to find all of that channels that I'd want.

So, the antenna and signal booster seems to be fine.

Cheers,
Damian