[mythtv-users] scheduling ...

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Feb 28 00:37:44 UTC 2019

> On 28 Feb 2019, at 1:53 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> I have achieved almost everything I want except ?record one showing?
>
>> There is no logic the weekend news may show on any
>> That works ok (I watch 1600x900 on a 27? screen so SD is better (no pixelation))
>> or any combination of their muxes
>> That does not work eg test my rule yields
>
>> 3/2, 7:00 PM 24 ABC NEWS
>> 3/2, 7:00 PM 21 ABC
>> 3/3, 7:00 PM 24 ABC NEWS
>
>> James
>
> If you have a preference for one channel, give that channel (in the
> channel editor) a higher priority.

Hika thanks. Ofcourse that does not help me! The News may record on any or all or any combination of the channels on their mux.
It turns out that having made a custom rule to record AShow starting between TimeA and TimeB [record] lets one select “all showings” etc “one showing per week” etc,

For the very naive me of a few weeks ago:

Custom Record and [test] are easy and very powerful.
MythWeb either php or mythbackend:6544 are NOT as nice as mythfrontrnd for setting a custom rule.

I’m naive instead of very naive and do not consider myself capable, but we really need a wiki article on custom recording.

James