[mythtv-users] scheduling ...

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Feb 27 04:49:39 UTC 2019

> On 26 Feb 2019, at 6:26 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> There has been some discussion about the scheduler here is a real example and I ask for any suggestions as to how I should have sheduled it:
>>
>> First the EPG *exactly* showed what was showing.
>> Q&A might have showed on any or any combination of the ABCs 4 muxes at about this time,
>>
>> For that reason ?This Channel? and ?This Channel and time? filters are not relevant.
>> I have one rule ?Any Time and Any Channel? with filter ?First Showing?
>>
>> The actual recordings were:
>>
>> Q&A ABC 9:39 PM
>> Q&A ABC HD 9:37 PM
>>
>> All cute except HDhomerun will only record 1 stream per channel. This used 2 channels and due to overlap on other recordings a minor showing was not scheduled to record (RED confict) until I manually set one Q&A to ?Don?t record? which resolved the conflict.
>>
>> What springs to mind is FOUR rules each saying Q&A ?this channel? ?first showing? but just to stirr the sub-title may be changed eg
>>
>> ?this week Teri Butler ??
>> ?a weekly panel disussion ?'
>> ?a show that puts you at ?.?
>>
>> ?One showing each week? would really help
>> But I don?t want to massage the schedule every day.
>> Suggestions ?
>> James
>
> Without having a copy of the EPG data it is hard to tell exactly what
> the problem is, but my guess is that it is the usual problem - bad EPG
> data.  Ideally, the EPG data will be like this example from New
> Zealand's Choice TV channel:

I have achieved almost everything I want except “record one showing”

There is no logic the weekend news may show on any
That works ok (I watch 1600x900 on a 27” screen so SD is better (no pixelation))
or any combination of their muxes
That does not work eg test my rule yields

3/2, 7:00 PM 24 ABC NEWS
3/2, 7:00 PM 21 ABC
3/3, 7:00 PM 24 ABC NEWS

James