[mythtv-users] adding HDHR to system

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:55:30 UTC 2019

Last project was eliminating my HDHR Quatro and replacing it with a
Hauppauge WinTV Quad.

That is complete and I'm using XMLTV sdjson_sqlite grabber.  At this
point I'm stable, but on occasions I'm recording on all 4 channels of
the WinTV and thought about adding the Quatro back for Live TV only.

I can use the HDHomerun Viewer to watch live tv on the Quatro, but it's
not integrated with Mythtv.

So my question is can I add the Quatro back into mythtv using the
Blackbox external recorder, mythhdhrrecorder, and still use my exiting
EPG database I setup for the WinTV using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite. I
don't want to screw up my exiting recordings or pending recordings. Can
I setup the mythtvhdhrrecorder to use my existing SD XMLTV source or do
I have to have a new video source just for the mythhdhrrecorder???

Jim A