[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner Card 1609 and Pixelation

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:36:40 UTC 2019

Hi Allen!

> If you look at the one star reviews on the Winegard that I linked most seem
> to me to be people could not figure out how to assemble them.  Then if you
> look at the antennas they push in their ads, they come assembled with built
> in antennas.  They can drive splitters without doing anything. Give up some
> theoretical performance for a antenna for dummies approach.  I read a post
> on Twitter recently that suggested we should just accept the fact that half
> the country is stupid. It think lacking education is a better description
> but with a majority of one party saying that education is detrimental to
> the country I fear for the futurehttps://pewrsr.ch/2T1JwvC

I have also read reviews where us common-folk have had difficulty
assembling. I will admit to occasionally being in that group but can
sometimes blame on ‘cartoon instructions’: drawings instead of written
words. ...It would be funny-ha-ha if my reception problems were do to
improper antenna assembly! (I have done some testing which by-passed or
or would other wise verify is correct.)

In the theoretical world there is no signal deterioration; in the real
world all sorts of signal loss. I was reminded of and learned a lot more
about it when researching on-line not so much why I was having reception
problems but how to correct or at least work-around.

I tend to agree with your statement of “it’s not half the country is
stupid but lacking education”. I’ll admit to barely having a clue as to
what’s going on under the hood of my car but I do know basic
electricity/electronics. I do call on someone else to diagnose and
repair my car.

Barry