[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner Card 1609 and Pixelation

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Feb 26 14:01:01 UTC 2019

> I looked at the specs on the 1609 and there is nothing useful there so you just have to try it I guess.

You're not going to find any of this data.  You'll be able to
determine the manufacturer/model of the demodulator and tuner chip
based on high-res photos of the PCB (which you can usually find online
prior to purchase), but the actual performance data tends to be
closely guarded and only available from the chip manufacturer under
NDA (and even then some won't actually hand it over).

But yeah, as a general rule you'll be better off buying a product that
was designed in the last couple of years as opposed to a design which
is 10 years old.  I would suggest trying to stick with a major vendor
though, as many of the really cheap products don't do very good
validation of their RF frontend design.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs