[mythtv-users] scheduling ...

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue Feb 26 04:44:57 UTC 2019

Hi All

There has been some discussion about the scheduler here is a real example and I ask for any suggestions as to how I should have sheduled it:

First the EPG *exactly* showed what was showing.
Q&A might have showed on any or any combination of the ABCs 4 muxes at about this time,

For that reason ‘This Channel’ and ‘This Channel and time’ filters are not relevant.
I have one rule ‘Any Time and Any Channel’ with filter ‘First Showing’

The actual recordings were:

Q&A ABC 9:39 PM
Q&A ABC HD 9:37 PM

All cute except HDhomerun will only record 1 stream per channel. This used 2 channels and due to overlap on other recordings a minor showing was not scheduled to record (RED confict) until I manually set one Q&A to ‘Don’t record’ which resolved the conflict.

What springs to mind is FOUR rules each saying Q&A ‘this channel’ ‘first showing’ but just to stirr the sub-title may be changed eg

‘this week Teri Butler …’
‘a weekly panel disussion …'
‘a show that puts you at ….’

‘One showing each week’ would really help
But I don’t want to massage the schedule every day.
Suggestions …
James