[mythtv-users] volume control from keyboard

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:57:19 UTC 2019

When I watch mythfrontend on the Shield TV my Harmony remote uses the
volume buttons to control the AV receiver.

But when I'm at my Ubuntu desktop the computer keyboard controls
everything.  I have extra buttons on the keyboard that control the
volume and mute for the whole computer.  But if I use those while in
Mythfrontend, it locks up mythfrontend with a paused picture. I have to
control alt f1 to get out.

I've tried the  f9, f10, f11 buttons in mythfrontend and it show a
status line with changes to volume settings, but no change in the volume
occurs.  Any ideas how to fix this??

The sound is thru amplified speakers plugged into line out. and the
keyboard is a Dell wired keyboard.

Jim A