[mythtv-users] MythTV broke after the server IP change

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sun Feb 24 09:42:33 UTC 2019

Hi!

I resubscribe to the list after a long break, during which I used MythTV
systematically (although in a quite unsophisticated way).

I'm now use temporarily a router from a new Internet provider which
does not allow any user configuration, in particular I have no control
over the IP assigned to my computer. I will replace it by a better
router purchased by me, but for formal reason I have to wait till
April.

Actually it is mariadb server which broke completely without any action
on my side. I'm unable even to reinstall the package:

Feb 22 15:26:15 VivoPC-D8 mariadb-server-10.3.postinst[23398]:
Feb 22 15:26:15 VivoPC-D8 mariadb-server-10.3.postinst[23398]: Installation of system tables failed!  Examine the logs in
Feb 22 15:26:15 VivoPC-D8 mariadb-server-10.3.postinst[23398]: /var/lib/mysql for more information.

I reported the problem

but the only constructive suggestion I got is to purge the package
together with the recording database.

Any better suggestions?

As I said, I use MythTV for a long time but in an unsophisticated way,
so it's best to treat me as a novice.

Best regards

Janusz

--