[mythtv-users] hdhomerun pixelation

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Feb 24 00:49:58 UTC 2019

Following quite enthusistic endorsement here I got a HDhomerun tuner. I got the quad that exposed a few defects in the sheduler
(like one rule; record one program on one channel at one time with two recorders and get two recordings)

There is occasional pixelation specially on HD but signal strength on myth and on the standalone hdhomerun setup is 100% (what ever that means)
Same antenna connection, but split 2 ways with their antenna to two flyleads, to a haupage dual usb tuner showed signal levels around 60% and also occasional pixelation, but only on HD.

Since we don’t know what happens internally to the antenna signal, it could be 6dB down (1/4) of the original, or it could be internally amplified.
I don’t want to get an amplifier if there is already an amplifier.

What experience do other homerun users have?

James