[mythtv-users] Is there a way for Myth to report no tuner?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:35:47 UTC 2019

I know I could do this with a custom script but I am wondering if there is
something built into Myth that can alert me of the problem. This problem
seems to occur about once every 6 weeks and I lose a couple of shows
because of it.

As I posted on another thread, I get some kind of crash where Myth cannot
connect to my HDHomerun tuners. I believe this is a network problem of some
kind as the HDHomerunConfig program cannot connect to the tuners and a
simple command line instruction cannot connect.

What I would like is to get an email if the HDHomerun units are
unavailable.

For reference, I have two HDHomerun units, 192.168.1.13 and 192.168.1.14.
If I were building a script, I would use ping or arp and parse the result
or perhaps look at a return code. Not sure. My question is basically has
this already been done and is a script or setup available to do this that I
can utilize?

Allen