[mythtv-users] v30 can anyone tell me is it worth upgrading?

TimP mythtv at corky.co
Sun Feb 17 10:33:27 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-17 02:17, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> This is a problem caused by the EPG data really - not MythTV.  In the
> worst case, it is possible to use a Custom recording rule where you
> write SQL to tell the scheduler exactly what you want it to do.  I did
> that for my mother's Coronation Street recordings, so that it recorded
> CS episodes that were broadcast after 18:00 each day.  Otherwise she
> would get very confused by all the afternoon repeats that were
> recorded.

Might be worth a Schedules Direct subscription. It always get the right
Emmerdale episodes for me and will even find reprints on ITV2 if it
misses ITV1 for some reason. There will be some pain on switching as the
differences in metadata cause recordings of things you have seen but you
can mostly see them before they happen and block them.