[mythtv-users] Scheduler sometimes seems to skip the first possible recording time

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Feb 15 08:27:32 UTC 2019

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:54:38 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I am still on version 29.1 but I have felt for some time that the
>scheduler sometimes seems to skip the first possible recording time.
>
>Is it possible to somehow debug/follow the decisions that ends up
>in the scheduled recording time for a specific entry?

The output of this command might help with that:

mythbackend --printsched

It runs the scheduler and outputs a list of the scheduled recordings,
including those that match a recording rule but are not chosen as a
recording time.  You can also turn on debug output for the database
queries and the scheduler and see what is logged when the scheduler is
run, and then run those same queries yourself manually and see what
they do and what output they give;

mythbackend --setverbose database,schedule

To turn off the extra logging:

mythbackend --setverbose nodatabase,noschedule

To see the other logging categories:

mythbackend -v help