[mythtv-users] posting protocol - bottom vs. top???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 14 15:05:51 UTC 2019

On 02/14/2019 08:25 AM, James Abernathy wrote:

 > On Thu, Feb 14, 2019, 8:17 AM Ian Cameron wrote:
 >
 >  >   On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 12:12, James Abernathy wrote:
 >
 >  >  >   I've seen comments over the years about top posting vs.
bottom posting
 >  >  >   with bottom posting being preferred by this mailing list.

 >  >   Every mailing list message includes an appended signature to a
wiki article about mailing list etiquette.

 >  >   It'll be at the bottom of this message.  It's this link:
 >
 >  >   https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette

and note specifically the 3rd bullet under
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post:

   *  Google Mail (gmail) users will need to click the "show trimmed
content" button (three dots) in the reply box to reveal the quoted text
before typing their reply below the quoted text.

 > So this is a test of what I've learned today. If it comes out at the
bottom then I've solved the Android Gmail app issue with bottom posting.

It worked. :)

Mike