[mythtv-users] posting protocol - bottom vs. top???

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:12:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 12:12, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen comments over the years about top posting vs. bottom posting
> with bottom posting being preferred by this mailing list.

Yes, top posting is unnecessary and is *usually* done by those who are lazy
and inconsiderate.  Bottom posting and trimming quoted text appropriately
are standard good etiquette guidelines for all mailing lists and have been
since almost the dawn of the Internet.

Every mailing list message includes an appended signature to a wiki article
about mailing list etiquette.

It'll be at the bottom of this message.  It's this link:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette

Top posting and unnecessary quoting are very annoying.  Trim quoted text
appropriately to give enough context in replies and no more!

Cheers, Ian