[mythtv-users] some mysql files empty or corrupted on MythTV 0.27

win98crash at gmail.com win98crash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 04:45:27 UTC 2019

I'm running MythTV 0.27.6+fixes.20160417.aba4858 on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
64-bit.  MYSQL version is 5.5.54-0.  Yes, I know 12.04 is EOL.
Upgrading my OS is on the horizon.

About a week ago I couldn't listen to any music files on my frontend
(playlist empty and unable to add files) and after finally having some
time to investigate, it seems I have some mysql tables that are
corrupted or missing.  The Database Health page in MythWeb shows some
tables with a status of "Can't find file" or "not found" err 2.

Name     Status
internetcontent     Can't find file: 'internetcontent' (errno: 2)
music_artists     Can't find file: 'music_artists' (errno: 2)
music_smartplaylist_categories     File
'./mythconverg/music_smartplaylist_categories.MYD' not found (Errcode: 2)
mythnettv_proxies     Can't find file: 'mythnettv_proxies' (errno: 2)
networkiconmap     Can't find file: 'networkiconmap' (errno: 2)
recordedfile     Can't find file: 'recordedfile' (errno: 2)
videometadatagenre     Can't find file: 'videometadatagenre' (errno: 2)
videotypes     File './mythconverg/videotypes.MYD' not found (Errcode: 2)

I tried the Optimize Tables and Repair Tables options at the top of the
Database Health page in MythWeb and it made no difference.  I hunted
down the files in question and something looked off.

Here is the raw directory listing of those files

-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql      6096 Dec 31 07:35 internetcontent.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql      9880 Dec 31 07:35 music_artists.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql      5120 Dec 31 07:35
music_smartplaylist_categories.MYI
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql         0 Dec 31 07:35 mythnettv_proxies.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql         0 Dec 31 07:35 networkiconmap.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql         0 Dec 31 07:35 recordedfile.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql       189 Dec 31 07:35 videometadatagenre.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql      2048 Dec 31 07:35 videotypes.MYI

So, it appears something bad happened on Dec 31 around 07:35.  I may
have ran a fsck on my system drive at that time for, ironically,
preventative maintenance, but I cannot say for sure.  Now, my last good
database backup is from Dec 30, and they have all failed since that day
apparently because of the corrupted mysql database files.

Is is it possible to fix my tables without restoring the complete Dec 30
database backup?  'recordedfile' and 'videotypes' looks important, the
others possibly not.  Can I do a partial restore of the 'bad' tables
from my last successful backup?

Myth seems perfectly functional in all other features that I use.
Recordings, live TV, commercial flagging, remote Frontend is working.  I
may not have noticed anything wrong for a long time, until it was too
late to repair.  If I can get the tables recreated or restored, I plan
on replacing the system drive in case it was the cause.  I have good
Clonezilla backups from Nov 3 2018 and Jan 20 2019 if the drive totally
goes poof.