[mythtv-users] Why does mythfrontend not mark recordings as "watched"?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Feb 11 21:59:38 UTC 2019

I recently started using kodi's mythtv PVR add-on. Works fine. Now back now to mythfrontend.

Today I noticed that a recording from yesterday is not showing in "Watch Recordings". It does show in mythweb "Recorded Programs".

I took a look at the database and noticed some  differences between two recent episodes recorded yesterday.
One had zero in series/episode but correcting it had no effect. I then noticed that "watched" was 1, while the other is 0.
changing it made it appear in mythfrontend. I then located 4 more recent recordings not showing and fixed them.

Finally I found that I failed to tick "Show Watched Programs" in "Change View". This fixed my issue, but highlighted this:
	kodi properly marks watched programs as such but mythfrontend does not.

Should mythfrontend mark recordings as "watched"?
Is there a mythfrontend setting to enable this marking? Maybe in the backend?

TIA

--
Eyal at Home (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)