[mythtv-users] v30 built from source mythfrontend error

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 14:49:59 UTC 2019

So I built mythtv from source as a learning experience and it's working.
However in mythfrontend -> setup wizard, if I test HD video it tries to
download the file. However it never completes and sort of locks up.
I ran it with logging to systemd-journal on and here's the error I got:
Feb 07 09:37:19 jim-build mythbackend[2330]: mythbackend[2330]: E
ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:5809 (HandleDownloadFile) MainServer: Unable
to determine directory to write to in DOWNLOAD_FILE write command

I don't know if this is something that would be fixed by Ubuntu or Debian
packaging, but a lock up of mythfrontend is not a graceful exit for file or
file location missing issue, IMHO.

Jim A