[mythtv-users] mythfrontend.real

Stefan Davids mythtv at stefan.davids.uk.net
Wed Feb 6 14:19:28 UTC 2019

On 06-02-2019 13:59, John Pilkington wrote:

> I think there's some confusion here.  Isn't the 'mythfrontend'
> installed from the 'buntu packages the wrapper script, with
> 'mythfrontend.real' and 'mythtv-setup.real' the binaries as built from
> a 'standard' compilation, but renamed?

Yes that's my understanding.  I think you could rename the installed
executables and install the scripts by hand if you wanted.

I don't know where the extra bit of building from source which
installs the scripts and renames the binaries is but it seems to
be present in the deb packages the packaging can build.

Stefan