[mythtv-users] Android Shield TV lip sync on mythfrontend

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:31:12 UTC 2019

I have noticed that playing recorded videos gets out of sync with the
audio slightly over time.

I'm running mythfrontend-20190124-arm64-v30.0-7-g2b8211e8e5d.apk on my
Shield.

Normally all recordings made of OTA network broadcast in my area are in
perfect lip sync. That has been true on Kodi, mythfrontend on x86 gfx,
and mythfrontend on Shield.  But recently I've noticed a slight delay in
audio from the video just enough to drive you crazy.

It happens for sure if you have a program that runs late and you get 30
minutes or so of the previous program and you skip forward with right
arrow for 1 minute or the down arrow for 10 minutes. Then start playing.

I can fix it usually by just pausing the playback and waiting a few
seconds and start the playing again.

Jim A