[mythtv-users] hdhomerun

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Feb 3 03:09:45 UTC 2019

Hi

can anybody help please.

I bought a hdhomerun quad. It works well.
I scanned and got a set of channels, some duplicates from nearby transmitters.
I want to delete the non-optimum channels. (occasional pixelation on lower strengh.

I use hdhomerun-gui but (without delving into the DB to find cchannels are on which transport)(possible but time consuming) how do I relate channels in the hd-gui to the channels in mythtv?

FWIW I’ve used DIVICO, Winfast, Haupauge and now SiliconDust. Of them the SiliconDust is the best tuner. I’ve not noticed any network congestion even recording 4 chans some of which were HD and watching (1) recording from myth on another machine.

James