[mythtv-users] [solved] mythmusic - exiting

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Feb 2 09:37:59 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 18:45:19 +1100, you wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 02, 2019 at 05:47:29PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 12:49:03 +1100, you wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >this has been an issue for some time but I don't use mythmusic enough
>> >to have bothered mailing the list.
>> >
>> >How do you exit from mythmusic, back to the main menu?
>> >I can't see a keymapping option and none of keyboard ESC,
>> >or remote <back> or <stop> work. There is nothing in the frontend logs
>> >when I try those (at default log level).
>> >
>> >The only thing that works for me is killing the frontend and restarting.
>> >
>> >This is on v29-fixes, ubuntu 16.04. Pretty sure it worked in 0.28.
>> >
>> >Kind Regards
>> >Vince
>>
>> If you hit back or Escape enough times, you should get a popup message
>> asking if you want to exit completely or if you want to have mythmusic
>> keep playing in the background.
>
>That was my memory too. But after dozens of keypresses I went to check
>the key mappings. 'Stop playback' was mapped to ESC. Which does stop
>the playback but does not offer the escape hatch menu.
>I removed that mapping and restarted the frontend;
>now I can escape on the first press of 'Back' on the remote.
>
>I have no idea how that mapping got there, what is the system default
>supposed to be?
>
>Cheers
>Vince

This is what I have:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from keybindings where keylist like
'%Esc%' order by context,action;
+-------------+------------+----------------------------+---------+----------+
| context     | action     | description                | keylist | hostname |
+-------------+------------+----------------------------+---------+----------+
| Global      | ESCAPE     | Escape                     | Esc     | mypvr    |
| Global      | ESCAPE     | Escape                     | Esc     | savaidh  |
| Global      | ESCAPE     | Escape                     | Esc     | gt70     |
| Main Menu   | EXITPROMPT | Display System Exit Prompt | Esc     | mypvr    |
| Main Menu   | EXITPROMPT | Display System Exit Prompt | Esc     | savaidh  |
| Main Menu   | EXITPROMPT | Display System Exit Prompt | Esc     | gt70     |
| TV Playback | BACK       | Exit or return to DVD menu | Esc     | savaidh  |
| TV Playback | BACK       | Exit or return to DVD menu | Esc     | gt70     |
+-------------+------------+----------------------------+---------+----------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from keybindings where action like
'%stop%' order by context,action;
| context     | action       | description   | keylist | hostname |
| Music       | STOP         | Stop playback | O       | mypvr    |
| Music       | STOP         | Stop playback | O       | savaidh  |
| Music       | STOP         | Stop playback | O       | gt70     |
| TV Frontend | STOPPLAYBACK | Stop Program  |         | mypvr    |
| TV Frontend | STOPPLAYBACK | Stop Program  |         | savaidh  |
| TV Frontend | STOPPLAYBACK | Stop Program  |         | gt70     |