[mythtv-users] mythfrontend v30 themes?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:28:13 UTC 2019

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 8:59 AM, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/02/2019 13:11, James Abernathy wrote:
>> back on v29.1 I was using mythfrontend-20181124-arm64-v30-Pre-983-gca71c59e61a on my Shield TV. My theme was Mythbuntu 28.21.
>> Then I switch the backend to v30 and continued to use V30-Pre-983 on the Shield. Still had Mythbuntu theme.
>> Now I have upgraded the Shield TV to mythfrontend-20190124-arm64-v30.0-7-g2b8211e8e5d and the Mythbuntu theme is gone.
>> Are there plans to have the Mythbuntu theme added to V30?? I really like that theme and have been using it since Mythbuntu 14.04.
>> I've heard that certain themes can't be brought forward into V30, but I hope Mythbuntu is not one of them.
>> Jim A
>
> Theme chooser in F28 master FE/BE still offers two Mythbuntu themes, but the new Android frontend offers me only two Steppes, two MythCenter, and Terra.  I use MCW.
>
> John P

Same with my Mythfrontend options on Shield TV. I have to use MythCenter Wide. I don’t find the others acceptable to me. I really want to get  the Mythbuntu theme back. I use the ppa:mythbuntu/30 to get my backend and I get the apk from the link in the Mythtv Android wiki. So I’m not sure what I could do to add it back myself.

Jim A