[mythtv-users] ALSA:pulse is invalid and can not be used.

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Dec 31 01:07:51 UTC 2019

[ MythTV 29.1-17 on Fedora 26 on a new AMD Rizen board ]

Almost recovered from my crash...

I'm not getting sound out of MythFrontend.

MythFrontend Audio setup says

   ALSA:pulse is invalid and can not be used.

even though the initial scan, and rescan, finds ALSA:pulse and puts it in the
"Audio output device" list.

I was using ALSA:pulse to have my onboard audio deliver to my stereo, and HDMI
audio to a screen in my kitchen. It worked great.

Right now I've settled for ALSA:sysdefault:CARD=Generic.

How could I get that split-feed back?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca