[mythtv-users] USB composite input recommendations

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Dec 29 19:53:02 UTC 2019

The Hauppage PVR-500 that has served me well in the analog days and lately as
the composite input for my DCT-700 is too old for modern motherboards because
it's a PCI card. Or so the fellow at the computer store tells me as I buy a
motherboard to replace the one that blew (3 caps let out their magic smoke) on
my FE/BE.

So... what's a good replacement? The fellow at the computer store recommended
a "Diamond Multimedia One Touch Capture" USB stick after nicely Googling
around for its Linux compatibility, which he says was pretty good.

I've never used one of these so I'm open to alternatives.

Can I just follow the Wiki or other "USB Tuner" instructions? I use
LircChannelChanger already, so I just need a Composite capture conduit. (I
think)

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca