[mythtv-users] Sheild tv; theme & minor teething issues

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Thu Dec 19 07:33:08 UTC 2019

 ---- On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 03:52:47 +0000 David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote ----
 > On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 11:14:48PM +0000, Steve Goodey wrote:
 > > > There is nothing you can do.  Android handles that decision completely
 > > > on it's own.

 > > > David
 > >
 > > Excuse me for sticking my nose in.
 > >
 > > You might want to try Android settings, Duraspeed, find the MythTV app and switch on to
 > > allow app to run in background.
 >
 > MythTV can and does run in the background.  As I understand the OP, we
 > are talking about Android closing the app while it is in the
 > background because memory or other resources are needed for other apps
 > or the system.
 >
 > David

You are correct David. mythtv is running and opens immediately when i select mythtv from the leanback/home screen. it just goes into the background after a while. very minor issue as leanback appears to be defaulting to the first entry in the favourites list, which is mythtv. simply pressing 'ok/enter' on the remote is all it needs from me to get the FE back open.
if it was consistent i could program the harmony remote to open mythtv.