[mythtv-users] Database upgrade fails - 1300 to 1301 - Table 'iptv_channel' already exists

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 18 12:02:20 UTC 2019

On 12/17/2019 11:16 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> I am migrating a 0.25 system to 0.29, with a new database machine.  I
> have restored a database backup to the new db machine, and I
> start "mythsetup" on a new backend machine.  Look like schema 1299 to
> 1300 works fine, but then it fails doing 1300 to 1301 ?
>
> For restoring the 0.25 backup to the new database machine, I did not use
> the mythconverg_restore script, is that important?  Did I skip
> something?

You most likely restored your old database on top of an existing, newer
database, so it overwrote data, but the schema is wrong.  Do the restore
again, this time using the restore script, as described here:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database

(note that you may have to provide a --directory , too, as at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Full_restore_of_a_specific_backup_file
)

And, even if you don't have an existing database, using the approach
shown in "Replacing_an_existing_database" will work.

I'm guessing the issue is, "you're replacing a package-provided database
with your "old" database after re-installing your distro" as described
in the "Replacing_an_existing_database" section.

Mike