[mythtv-users] rpi4 performance question

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Fri Dec 13 07:37:46 UTC 2019

i'm looking for a new primary FE which is currently a celeron nuc from 2013. i use 2 rpi3b's for my other FE's which simply dont have the grunt to be used as the FE for the lounge. it struggles with seeking through videos (livetv is acceptable but noticably slower than the nuc), fps issues when using OSD on HD content and rescanning videos takes substantially longer. rpi3 just lacks the grunt.

How does the rpi4 stack up?

I'm torn between the rpi4 4GB or another celeron nuc (nuc7cjyh). Shield tv pro is just a bit too expensive.