[mythtv-users] MythTV on Raspberry Pi 3B+?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Dec 12 13:47:07 UTC 2019

Jim Abernathy wrote:

> I find that as a mythtv frontend the RP3B+ is best using LibreELEC
> Kodi 18 with the mythtv addon.  Running raspbian buster with
> mythtv-light works, but not as smooth video as the Kodi on LibreELEC.

Thanks Jim - okay, that might be something to try out too.

> If Santa leaves you a Raspberry PI 4 4GB under your tree you can make
> a complete mythtv FE and BE in one box if your have networked tuners
> like HDHR Quatro or Duo.

I didn't think the Raspi4 had any hw video acceleration?  Looking at my
current results on the Raspi3B+, that is a must (hopefully I'll get it
to work).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.4°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.