[mythtv-users] HDHR prob with new wallwarts

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 6 19:25:19 UTC 2019

> On Dec 6, 2019, at 2:00 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings Mythizens, Because my system does not shut down gracefully (Gigabyte mobo that cooperates with windows, but not Ubuntu) I've been leaving it on 24/7. I finally got new wallwarts for both of my HDHR's and still have unreliable recording performance from them. One box failed on both recordings about ten minutes in, and then the other after 15 minutes, so I gave the first unit higher priority in my router as well as a fixed IP, and tested again with similar results. Then after some googling I tried powering them down for about 15 mins, then testing again, with success. Can Mythtv reboot these devices prior to putting them to use? I used to wake the box as needed, but since the mobo doesn't cooperate and the backend is up before the HDHRs are capable of responding... well you see my situation, any suggestions?  TIA  Daryl

The problem Silicondust had with power supplies was a very long time ago—back when the Dual was introduced?  While power surges (esp. a lightning strike) can still kill them at any time, SD do not seem to have a systemic problem nowadays with the power supplies failing.

Where did you get replacement power supplies?  Are you positive they are the right spec.  Silicondust will supply replacement power supplies at a very reasonable cost as a legacy of their previous problems.

Also, if you file a trouble ticket with Silicondust, they can enable logging from the HDhomerun boxes and may be able to offer a solution.

Craig